- Ask the kids what they are interested in learning this year. By letting them pick a few of the things they are going to learn, you have conquered lots of the un-motivation you sometimes experience..
- Clean and organize the main study area in the house.
- Discover your child’s learning style and adapt your teaching style to match it.
- Read curriculum reviews before you shop for yours.
- Begin gathering your curriculum or building your own. Try to buy used curriculum when you can.
- Make sure your library cards are not lost.
- Think about extra-curricular activities your children might want to participate in.
- Formulate a list of possible field trips.
- Shop garage sales for board games, flash cards, art supplies, books, and yes, even used curriculum. I see it at yard sales all the time.
- Go over your chore charts for the kids and make revisions where needed.
- Set up a tentative schedule.
- Relax and breathe!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Back to School Plans
Do you need a battle plan to get ready for back to homeshool? I find that a checklist of some sort goes a long way with me. I tend to work off an agenda or calendar. If you do too, then maybe the following will help you as you get ready for a new year of schooling.
Posted by Miss Suzy at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment